Out Of Office
If you will be out of the office or classroom for the day or an extended period of time, you may want to set an automatic reply message to be sent with every email that is sent to your inbox. Follow the directions below to set up a "Vacation responder" message in Wayne Gmail.
- Open Wayne Gmail.
- Click the Settings Gear in the top right side of the page.
- In the General tab, scroll down until you reach the "Vacation responder" section.
- Toggle the responder to "Vacation responder on".
- Set the first day that you would like your out of office reply to be sent.
- So you don't forget to turn the auto reply off, set the date of the last day of your absence. Then if you leave the Vacation responder on, it will not still send auto reply messages.
- Complete the subject line as if this was an email you were sending personally.
- Complete the body of the auto reply email in the available text box. You can modify the text and ad images to the message just like any other email you would send.
- You have the option of sending the message to only people in your contacts list and/or just people at MSD of Wayne Township.
- Click "Save Changes" at the bottom of the page to complete the process.
When you have returned, don't forget to access this area again and turn the Vacation Responder off if you have not set a "Last Day".